UNAC, Victoria branch
Join us. Be part of the conversation.
The Victoria (lower Vancouver Island) branch of the United Nations Association in Canada (UNAC) will virtually hold its 2020 Annual General Meeting using the platform Zoom on:
Thursday, September 10th at 7:00 p.m.
To receive your Zoom link, we invite you to RSVP to:
Note: A Zoom account is not required, but you will need access to the internet.
The meeting is open to the public and we encourage public participation, although only members of the UNAC can vote on the business matters (see ‘How to become a member,’ below).
1. Call to Order (welcome, participation explanation — membership, elections, etc.)
2. Confirmation that a quorum of members is present
3. The Election/Appointment of a Chair Person for the meeting
4. Reports (President; Financial; other?)
5.. The Appointment of an Audit Committee for the current Fiscal Year
6. Consideration of new bylaws
7. Confirm the number of Directors to be elected
8. Elections (5 Officers and some Directors [likely 6])
9. Adjournment of business
10. 5-minute break at approx: 7:30-7:40 P.M.
11. Program: A conversation (open to all)
Conversation question: What can the branch do in the context of CoVID-19 to respond to the interests of members and keep the U.N. and global affairs in the public eye?
Consider joining the Board as an Officer of Director: We welcome your participation.
How to become a member:
Anyone is or can become a member of the branch simply by making a donation — of any amount — to the UNAC (http://www.unac.org/).
- Go to UNAC Home Page (http://www.unac.org/)
- Click Become a Member in the upper right hand corner.
- Complete the required field to make a donation and join.
- Under ‘Donation Details’ – Click the Fund drop-down and choose ‘Membership’
- In the final message box before submitting, type in Victoria branch.
- Confirmation of your donation will be provided. The Victoria branch will be able to retrieve your confirmation.
We look forward to you joining the 2020 UNAC A.G.M.!